about us

Silver Bluff founded as part of an 1885 Homestead Grant of 1800 acres, and registered as the Town of Silver Bluff in 1925, with its southern edge reaching into Biscayne Bay south of Bayshore Drive in what is now Coconut Grove. Most of Silver Bluff, named for the coral rock bluff along Bayshore Drive, is part of the land mass that extends under a thin layer of soil throughout the neighborhood and far up the east coast of Florida. On July 7, 1925, the city of Miami passed an ordinance to extend its city limits to include Silver Bluff and became part of the City of Miami. Speculators and developers sub-divided the Dade County Pine covered acres with streets, houses and commercial buildings, many built from the wood of the Dade County pine trees growing on the properties, in the style of Key West. 

A bit of history

The Silver Bluff Homeowner’s Association has been in operation since 1984, when development of large commercial buildings threatened to disturb and downgrade the character of this historic residential part of Miami.

The Silver Bluff neighborhood is bordered by Coral Way (SW 22nd Street), on the north, by US 1 on the south, by SW 27th Avenue on the west, and SW 13th Avenue on the east. The cross streets presently have numbers, instead of names as in neighboring Coconut Grove and Coral Gables. Originally our neighborhood streets also had names – SW 16 Court was Silver Bluff, SW 16 Avenue was Josephine. 

Newsletter

Subscribe to our amazing newsletter and stay up to date on important local Silver Bluff issues and concerns.